Thursday, July 31, 2008

Beach Weekend

J at the beach last year.......


J & L getting ready to hit the beach this year....(notice the boots?)


A message for MOM


J enjoying the sand this year

After weeks of asking to go to the beach, we finally made it there last weekend. The girls had a good time. J has come a long way in a year. Last summer I had to put down a blanket, then a towel, then her chair...& she sat in the chair with her feet up. She did not like the sand at all.

This year, she wore her rain boots down to the beach, but eventually took them off.
She still preferred the beach to the waves (OK with mom..since we have pretty bad undercurrents & shallow water swimming sharks this summer).

We are headed to a different beach this weekend. Meeting up with some old (& new) friends. Hopefully, I'll have lots of pics to post upon our return.

Debby

1 comment:

Jenna said...

They are growing up so fast! I love the boots in the sand idea... why didn't I ever think of that!? Sadly, my son has no fear of the sand or the waves! I'm sure you could have guessed that!