Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm Growing Some.....

Last week Lindsi had her 7 yr old check up. She measured in at 51+ inches tall, 87% on the US charts. That's down from her previous height percentage of 95%...but I could see that where she used to be one of the tallest kids in her class, a few of them have caught up to her now, so I wasn't surprised.. She weighed in at 58 lbs..about 75% for weight. She is long & lean...nearly all muscle.

This summer, I started to notice that Lindsi's chest area was changing. She noticed it too, as she proudly announced to her Grandpa one day..."Look, Grandpa...I'm growing some"...My dad innocently answered..."What are you growing?"......She proudly puffed out her chest & answered "Boobs!".....Which took my poor dad a moment to recover from....And she was more than excited to find in her cousins hand me down clothing bag, a few stretchy girl bras. She wore them for about a week & then put them in the bottom of her drawer.

I was mildly concerned. But, she was showing no other signs of growing up, so I didn't know what to make of her new, no longer exactly flat, chest shape.

So, I asked her Ped to take a look. She did.....hmmmmm..."Does Lindsi play sports?" she asked. I told her that she danced twice a week & swims a great deal.....
Her Dr turned to me & said....."What I see are some mighty nice, pectoral muscles. Great definition....but no onset of puberty." I think I said.."GREAT!"

I've been laughing at myself ever since. I was truly relieved that she was not entering puberty early & instead she's just got a great toned & muscular frame, including some great pecs that I'm sure are the envy of a few.

No comments: