Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School

I've been slow to download my photos. I promise my next post though will be a recap of our smallish summer adventures.

The girls started school this week. Lindsi started on Monday.....

She was thrilled to be back in the same class as her friend (& fellow CI user), Lexie. They went to preschool & kindergarten together, but have been in different classes ever since.


Lindsi drew a great a teacher this year. She seems very enthusiastic & not at all daunted to be teaching 2 (of the 3) deaf third graders. Yea!!!! The school is doing things a lot differently this year as well, & 1 thing is they have added another layer of resource in for the deaf & hoh students. I'm excited to have such great people supporting Lindsi in her education.

They do a stagger start kindergarten here, so Jami started on Wednesday, with about 4 other kids. Today, the whole class was there together. Jami talked about being nervous, but once she got into the classroom, she was really fine. After school all she could talk about was how great kindergarten was!! She also has an excellent teacher this year & in fact, the same teacher Lindsi had a few years ago.


It was a very rainy first day of school for both girls:


That ended like this:



I'd like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my first day in a very long time without kids...but I was so busy, the day completely vanished before I could even think about it.

I did get my car serviced, went grocery shopping, cleaned out the refrigerator, put all the groceries away, 2 loads of laundry, went to the dump, put gas in the car, picked up the kids, took them to Speech Therapy, came home for an hour, took Lindsi to ballet, came home, made dinner, did baths, read books, & we pretty much all went to bed.......so ended every one's first day back to school. I miss summer vacation already.....

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Great pictures! I am glad to hear that the girls had a good first week. We are almost there....