Friday, June 11, 2010

Finally We Meet

Finally, I can post about our most awesome weekend. After our most awesome weekend, I stopped at my sister's house for a visit, showed her our pictures & then left my camera behind......Bummer...but now I have it back, so all is good with my world.

There is something to be said about the online community. You are often brought together by shared & common interest. That's the case with Sandra & I. I can just about pin point the timing that I "met" her online, nearly 6 years ago. I can't remember the exact details though. I am most certain it was because we were living near parallel lives then, as we do today.

Back in 2003, both of us adopted baby girls from China's Non Special Needs program (but, not together). While in China, we both realized that our girls might have a hard time passing the medical exam & neither of us were approved for an SN adoption. Somehow, we both managed to get our babies to the US. Both girls were diagnosed as being deaf. Both girls now have cochlear implants. Both girls have worked hard & can function pretty well within a hearing environment. Both girls are successfully mainstreamed in school & are headed to the 3rd grade. Both girls have younger, hearing sisters adopted from China.

1000 miles away & yet, I cannot tell you how much support has been exchanged between the two of us over the years. It has always been comforting to know there was someone else who could say, I know exactly what you are feeling. Or we've faced that situation too, & here is what we've done. The girls have hit most of their milestones together.

This past weekend we all got to meet for the first time. They had planned a trip to Disney, which is pretty close to us & so we planned to meet at something we knew all the girls' would enjoy....Dinner with Cinderella.

Pre Dinner swimming & Fun......(All Star Movie Resort...WDW)







We had an excellent table, the food was great, the company...fantastic. The girls enjoyed seeing Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Step Sister's & Lady Tremaine. Prince Charming made a return visit & waltzed first with Lindsi, then with Jazzie.

Outside the Grand Floridian Hotel....WDW



Waltz lessons from The Prince himself.....


After dinner, we made our way back to the resort hotel so the girls could swim & we could visit. And, following the swimming, we went back to the room & the girls colored & played games until 11PM......

Beautiful Girls

Reviewing the Waltz

Hot Tub Cuties

Jami cried as we had to say goodbye. We are already scheming a plan to get together again next year..... If the texting between them is any indication, I think by next year all the girls will be old & fast friends.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

It really WAS awesome. I just cannot believe how well the girls got along and you and I just chit chatted the evening away. It just came naturally.

Your girls are amazing, which is obviously a reflection of their amazing mom ;-)

Jazzie keeps telling me she wishes you guys lived in Ohio and she wants to invite Lindsi to her birthday party. I get a big kick when I see Jazzie texting Lindsi. Too funny...

Already looking forward to the next meeting. Hopefully sooner rather than later! By the way, I am totally going to steal the pool pictures for my blog!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am a follower from Sandra's Blog...enjoyed the pictures. I am so glad you enjoyed Disney. It is in my own backyard, here in Florida. I have a annual pass and love it.....great escape! Glad your family had such a great time.
Melissa

Sophie said...

What beautiful princesses, looks like everyone had a great time.

Monica said...

How wonderful to have a great friend to share life's highs and lows with. Looks like a great time was had by all...and the girls are just precious!
Blessings,
Monica

Susan said...

Looks like the happiest place on earth indeed!

kitchu said...

omgosh what FUN!!!!